1 | The idea is to stimulate colleagues to initiate contact and to cooperate with League colleagues who work on similar research topics. As the idea of a seed fund is to stimulate, applications should be for new research projects.
2 | Scholars from at least three League partners should be involved in and committed to the application. Their commitment must be formally given in the application. There are no limits on the participation of non-League scholars.
3 | All types of research activities are eligible. While the research project may have a teaching element or impact to it, the application should be primarily focused on cutting edge, multi- disciplinary research.
4 | Applications should include a research project proposal of no more than 5,000 words that details:
- The subject goals and research questions
- The innovative character of the research, either in relation to content or methodology
- The proposed plan of co-operation and outcomes
- The proposed form of co-operation and formal commitment on the part of the participating scholars and their institutions; this should include information on how co- operation will continue after the activity/activities funded by the seed fund end(s)
- A publication and/or societal impact plan
- A timeline
- A budget with an accompanying explanation of anticipated costs
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the innovativeness and quality of the proposal. The application criteria will be strictly applied.