Applications open for the Global and Virtual Edition in collaboration with LexisNexis
In an increasingly globalized and tech-oriented world, it’s no surprise that law is undergoing a dramatic reinvention. Legal Tech is rapidly expanding, and new players and startups are bursting onto the scene in extraordinary ways, providing powerful solutions and innovative opportunities for law firms, corporations and both private and public organizations.
With this in mind, IE Law School, LexisNexis and the Law Schools Global League have teamed up to launch the Global Legal Tech Venture Day. We want to give back to the blossoming Legal Tech industry and help these promising young companies realize their potential to become harbingers of change and innovation within the industry.
This cutting-edge and highly anticipated competition has been designed to seek out and support startups that have a positive and forward-thinking outlook on the major challenges faced by legal operators and legal systems today. By providing solutions and ideas to help ease these challenges, such startups are not only furthering the cause of justice, but also transforming the face of law forever.
In the coming months, we will select six global startups based on the criteria we think is needed to drive this current revolution: originality, financial viability and the ability to take on major challenges faced by the legal sector today.
Finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their projects to an exclusive virtual audience of industry experts, comprised of investors, VC’s and mentors—all pioneers in the legal and business worlds respectively.
If you are a startup dedicated to developing ingenious and sustainable solutions to improve day-to-day legal practices—public or private—then this is the competition for you.
Date: June 10, 2021
Time: 4 – 6 p.m.
Where: WOW Room (virtual event)
IE Law School
Law Schools Global League
Innovators and startups that are harnessing today’s new technology to resolve important legal challenges faced by companies, governments, public institutions and the wider public in a variety of fields.
We are particularly interested in projects that take a unique approach to tackling issues pertaining to the operations of legal practice—originality is key.
Who can participate?
The startups that participate in the competition must be:
- Already established, or in the process of being established.
- This can take the form of a product/service, business model and/or route to the market—as long as it brings something new to the table!
- Scalable, with commercial potential on an international level and a scalable business model.
- Made up of a dream team with a mix of experience and relevant skills.
- Able to demonstrate clear appeal to a larger market.
The winner will gain access to a mentoring program as well as investment opportunities that will catapult their startup to the new heights. They will benefit from the global network of South Summit, IE Law School and LexisNexis and their combined pool of entrepreneurs, mentors and investors. This exciting opportunity will reward our winner with invaluable insights into how to market their products and excel in such a competitive industry, fast-tracking their business’ growth and success.
- The chosen startups will have the opportunity to pitch their product or service to the MD’s, market sector leaders and heads of strategy from different business units.
The winning startup will be mentored by the LexisNexis VP of Strategy and M&A CEMEA over a six-month period, and will meet with a range of clients to pitch their product or service to.
- The winner will be pitching their ideas on the IE University stage at South Summit and will win a full pass to the event in October 2021, which includes:
- Access to the Investor’s Den.
- Full access to all conferences and stages.
- One-on-one meetings and matchmaking services with investors and big corporations.
- And much, much more!
- The winner will also be invited to Marid one week prior to South Summit for an intense week-long acceleration program with IE University’s own advisors and experts, during which they will glean key advice on how to advance in multiple areas of their business, and prepare for South Summit.
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional® is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that helps customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 160 countries with 10,400 employees worldwide, is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers.
About South Summit
South Summit is the leading startup event in Spain, connecting the most innovative entrepreneurs to the most important investors in the world as well as corporations looking to break into the global market. Keynote speeches and debates with worldwide leaders in innovation, meetings with top business angels and VC firms, and a renowned startup competition are just a few of the things to look forward to at South Summit, with business and networking opportunities around every corner. Every year, more than 650 investors, 3,000 startups and over 12,500 people come to share their knowledge and participate in South Summit—it’s an unmissable opportunity for any startup looking to grow their business! For more information go to: https://www.southsummit.co/