International Trade & Investment Law Research Group Summary
What we have done? (Feb 2019-July 2019)
- Inaugural Panel presentation at Stockholm Academic Conference, Feb 2019 (3 papers presented from HSE, ITAM, IE, chaired by HSE and CUPL)
- Teaching collaborations (Amrita taught at CUPL in July 2019, invited and organized by Ru Ding; Daria delivered a virtual lecture for ITAM WTO law students in March 2019)
- Joint article (Ru Ding and Amrita working on a joint paper: Non market economy methodologies post DS516; draft to be ready by March 2020)
- Joint article (Daria and Amrita are working on a joint paper on national security exception; draft ready, to be sent for publication by September 2019)
- Peer reviewing each others’ work (two article drafts were peer reviewed by group members and feedback was provided before the drafts were sent for formal peer-reviews)
- Research workshop at LSGL Annual Meeting at Turin, July 2019 – Presentation of papers by Johanna, Jide, Daria, Ru and Amrita, chaired by Vladislav
- Expansion of membership; new members from: Catholica, KCL, UNSW, Turino, Northwestern, FGV, Jindal
What we plan to achieve? (July 2019-July 2020)
- Collaborative teaching (we will be inviting each other in person or virtually to teach a class or two as guest faculty in the next two semesters; we plan to submit a co-teaching proposal for LSGL summer school 2020 to teach a course on WTO law)
- Special journal issue for a peer-reviewed journal (4 working paper drafts are almost ready; the plan is to send these papers for consideration for a special issue by November 2019)
- Co-presenting at International Conferences (Daria and Amrita have made a joint-proposal to present the co-authored paper on National Security Exception for the International Conference on “International Economic Law and Security Interests” at Amsterdam in November 2019.
- Peer-reviewing each other’s individual papers
- We also plan to discuss and explore the idea of working on an edited Book Project: BRICS Trade Law Capacity Building. We will start work on this project post special journal issue.
Other Research Groups
Call for Papers: Online Conference on The 3R Initiative: Re-thinking, Re-packaging and Rescuing World Trade Law
Dr. Weihuan Zhou
Associate Professor, UNSW Law
Dr Zhou is Associate Professor, Director of Research, and an inaugural member of the Herbert Smith Freehills China International Business and Economic Law (CIBEL) Centre, Faculty of Law and Justice, UNSW Sydney.
University of Turin
Lorenza Mola is Associate Professor of International Law at the University of Turin, Department of Law, where she teaches international and EU law and is a member of the board of the PhD in Law, the Individual and the Market.
Dr. Ru Ding
Associate Professor at the School of International Law of China University
Dr. Ru Ding is Associate Professor at the School of International Law of China University of Political Science and Law.
Professor of International Public
Daria Boklan, Doctor of Law is a Professor of International Public and Private Law Department, Faculty of Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia.
Associate Professor at the Chair of International Public
Vladislav Starzhenetskiy is Associate Professor at the Chair of International Public and Private International Law, Faculty of Law, Higher School of Economics (Moscow).
Assistant Professor, ITAM and Co-Chair Professor for WTO Chair Program, Mexico
Amrita is Assistant Professor of International Trade Law at ITAM and Co-Chair Professor for WTO Chair Program (Mexico).